- Take I-495 to I-270 North (towards Frederick)
- Follow I – 270 North to Exit 15B (Rt.118 south – Germantown)
- Continue on Rt.118/Germantown Road, south for approx. 3.5 miles
- Make a RIGHT onto BLACK ROCK ROAD (Black Rock Road is the first street on your right AFTER the entrance to the South Germantown SoccerPlex. The sign for Black Rock Rd is frequently missing. Sign may be on telephone pole on left side of road. Look for a house on the corner that looks like a castle)
- Continue on Black Rock Road for 1.5 miles
- The driveway entrance to the farm is on the RIGHT side of the road
- Proceed down driveway SLOWLY. Look for cyclists on bike path crossing the driveway
- Follow signs for Visitor Parking sign at the end of the driveway
Q: What Should I Expect?
A: You will be visiting a 40-acre farm in a 6,000 acre park. Expect to see wildlife, historical landscapes and to have an out of doors experience. All of our exhibits and programs encourage hands-on participation. Be prepared to get involved, try something new and challenge yourself.
Q: What Should I Bring?
A: Dress comfortably and casually. Wear attire appropriate for the weather conditions as all of our public facilities are open to the elements. Wear comfortable shoes (no heels) as you will be walking on bare ground and grass. If you have allergies or medical concerns remember to bring all necessary medications. Those with potentially life threatening health conditions should apprise our staff of your needs prior to arriving at our site. Many visitors like bringing their cameras to capture the day’s events.
Q: What Shouldn’t I Bring?
A: Do not bring any loose-fitting jewelry, expensive accessories, items of great value that might get lost. Valuables should be left at home or locked inside of your vehicle. Pets (with the exception of seeing eye dogs) are prohibited. As we are located inside Seneca Creek State Park, we are a “Leave No Trace” facility and we do not have trash receptacles of any kind. All disposable products (trash etc.) you bring in must be carried out with you when you leave. Please bring the necessary garbage bags, etc. you will need to carry your trash.